Most companies will start sending out the W-2 forms to their employees this week. They have until January 31st to mail them out. The IRS will start accepting taxes for E-File on January 22, 2013. I know a lot of people submit their taxes and expect a nice refund.

It sucks when you submit your taxes and you anticipate a refund but then your refund is offset. You can call 800-304-3107 to reach the Treasury Offset Department. You should contact them to see if you owe any debts that could be deducted from your refund. The only info you need is your social security number. It's an automated system that is updated daily.

Be sure to follow my blog so you can stay updated and informed!